- Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.
- Coca-Cola was originally green.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- The State with the Highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
- The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28%
- The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
- The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $ 16,400
- The average number Of people airborne over the U. S. In any given hour: 61,000
- Intelligent people Have more zinc and copper in their hair..
- The first novel ever Written on a typewriter, Tom Sawyer.
- The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.
- Each king in a deck Of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades – King David
Hearts – Charlemagne
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds – Julius Caesar
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987, 654,321
- If a statue in the park of a person on a horse Has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, The person died because of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes
- Only two people Signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn’t added until 5 years later.
- Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?
A. Their birthplace
- Q. Most boat owners name their boats. What is the most popular boat name requested?
- Q.. If you were to spell out numbers, How far would you have to go until you Would find the letter ‘A’?
A. One thousand
- Q. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, Windshield wipers and laser printers have in common?
A. All were invented By women.
- Q. What is the only Food that doesn’t spoil?
- Q. Which day are there more collect calls Than any other day of the year?
A. Father’s Day
- In Shakespeare’s time, Mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes, the mattress tightened, Making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the Phrase…’Goodnight , sleep tight’
- It was the accepted Practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride’s father would supply His son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, Which we know today as the honeymoon.
- In English pubs, ale Is ordered by pints and quarts… So in old England , when Customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them ‘Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down.’ . . . It’s where we get The phrase ‘mind your P’s and Q’s’
- Many years ago in England , pub frequenters had a whistle baked Into the rim, or handle, of their ceramiccups. When they needed a refill, they used the whistle to get some service. ‘Wet your whistle’ is the phrase inspired by this practice.
- At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
(Visited 2,345 times, 1 visits today)