I’ve just released the latest version of my plugin Contextual Related Posts, a powerful plugin for WordPress that allows you to display a list of related posts on your website and in your feed.
This version of Contextual Related Posts is a major update. The key changes can be summarised as follows:
- Modified: Replaced
classtag on non-singular pages. On singular pages it will display both
- Added: Option to use timthumb to create thumbnail images (turned ON by default)
- Added: Support for WordPress Custom Post Types
- Added: New
Custom Stylestab to allow you to easily style the output
- Modified: New “default.png” file based on from KDE’s Oxygen icon set. The old default image is now called “default2.png”
I’d like to specially thank Dan for his support to this release. Thanks to his work I’ve been able to test the plugin on a completely different environment with custom post types.
I already have a pipeline of changes I’m planning to implement in future versions. Changes planned on the path to v1.9 include:
- Related posts by tags and categories: This will give you better options to control the related posts that are fetched
- Better custom post support: Currently custom posts are linked by title and content, which doesn’t always fetch the best results. Implementing tags and categories should make this better
- Ready-made CSS styles: v1.8 allows you to add your very own custom styles. This ensures you don’t have to go about editing your themes style.css file. v1.9 will bring you ready made styles that will make those lists beautiful! Submit your styles to me
- Read more about Contextual Related Posts
- Download Contextual Related Posts
- FAQ and Support
I have translated it into Simplified Chinese, and need the newer .pot language file (ver 1.8) to update. Then I will send you the Chinese translation.
Thanks for your job and look forward to your reply.（I can’t send the email to you in the contact page, so here is the “email” :）
Woniuren, I’ve sent you an email. Thanks for the translation.