Site Activity

Site down 24 hours; Still debugging

I just got back from Pune (story in a seperate post) to find that my VPS has been disabled for CPU usage crossing 80%.

I’ve figured that this has to be a problem with this domain itself which resulted in this crazy usage.

Unfortunately, being in Pune I didn’t even know that the account was disabled.

The VPS is running and I’m currently working on figuring out what exactly caused this major problem

The two culprits I suspect is Angsuman’s Translator Plugin Pro (which I installed last week) and UTW (which I patched sometime back).

I’ve disabled the former now and will monitor this usage over the next 24 hours and then the latter.

I hope to get the situation under control within 48-72 hours.
It’s almost 2am now and I think it is time to hit the bed. Hopefully, I will wake up with a happy server.

More news then.

(Visited 112 times, 1 visits today)

3 Comments

  • Ashish Mohta

    Thats is so true.Didnt knew the plugin can create so much of problem.And specially UTW the most favtd plugin.

    I am using a couple of plugins too, but as traffic is not that much so i am not aware of what is taking what.

    Good luck Ajay

  • Ajay

    I don’t think it is UTW. The load seems normal all of today.
    I think it is the Translator Pro with the Object Cache causing a problem. I’m working with Angsuman to get this solved.

    Will probably install WP-Cache 2 tomorrow and try if that works.

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.