Autoclose WordPress plugin will automatically close comments, pingbacks and trackbacks on your posts. You can choose to keep comments / pingbacks / trackbacks open on certain posts.
An extra feature is the ability to delete post revisions that were introduced in WordPress v2.6 onwards.
- Close comments: Automatically close comments on posts, pages and other custom post types
- Close pingbacks and trackbacks: Automatically close pingbacks and trackbacks as well
- Choose how old: Choose a custom time period as to when the comments, pingbacks and trackbacks need to be closed
- Scheduling: You can also schedule a cron job to automatically close comments, pingbacks and trackbacks daily
- Bonus: Delete post revisions
- Download Auto-Close Comments, Pingbacks and Trackbacks.
- Extract the contents of
wp-content/plugins/ folder. You should get a folder called
- Activate the Plugin in WP-Admin.
- Goto Options > Auto-Close to configure.
The below screenshot shows the options. You can customize if you want to close comments and/or pingbacks & trackbacks. You can also choose to run it manually or setup a schedule.
Autoclose options in WP-Admin
- Fixed: Bug where comments on attachments did not get closed
Read previous entries in the changelog.
Support the Development
Writing and testing plugins takes a good amount of time. If you like the plugin and find it useful and would like to donate something for my work please do click the Paypal Donate button below. The payment is secure. I haven’t filled in any amount. Feel free to donate what you please. Any amount is welcome. Thank you 🙂
All files and their contents are licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Questions or Bugs
Please use the support forum if you have any questions or would like to report any bugs.
Number of downloads: 10,497
Last updated: April 18, 2015
View on WordPress.org
(Visited 3,130 times, 1 visits today)