Automatically close comments, pingbacks and trackbacks on your blog. This helps reduce the amount of spam aimed at old posts.
- Can be configured via WP-Admin
- Choose to run it automatically or manually
- Delete comments separately from pingbacks and trackbacks
- Choose to leave comments and/or pingbacks & trackbacks open on certain posts
- Delete post revisions
- WordPress 1.5 or above
- Download Auto-Close Comments, Pingbacks and Trackbacks.
- Extract the contents of
wp-content/plugins/folder. You should get a folder called
- Activate the Plugin in WP-Admin.
- Goto Options > Auto-Close to configure.
The below screenshot shows the options. You can customize if you want to close comments and/or pingbacks & trackbacks. You can also choose to run it manually or setup a schedule.
By default, all options are disabled.
- 1.3.1 – Now separately choose to close on posts and pages. Also added buttons to open all comments and open all pings
- 1.2 – Added option to delete post revisions. Minor bug fix. Includes plugin uninstaller.
- 1.1 – Added option to keep comments / pingbacks / trackbacks on certain posts open
- 1.0 – Release
- Keep posts open by category
Current Version is 1.3.1
Writing and testing plugins takes a good amount of time. If you like the plugin and find it useful and would like to donate something for my work please do click the Paypal Donate button below. The payment is secure. I haven’t filled in any amount. Feel free to donate what you please. Any amount is welcome. Thank you
All files and their contents are licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
If you have any questions or would like to report any bugs then please use the support forum.