Downloads should be working now

My download counter broke today. The counter uses a flat file to store the clicks and links.

With the high volume of downloads that I received today the file got corrupted and as a result the downloads gave an ID error.

I’ve restored a backup, which means unfortunately I lost a lot of counts 🙁

Anyway, it should be functional now. I plan on shifting to a counter that uses mySQL database or alternatively just write a plugin for the same.

Don’t know the time frame. Need to brush up my PHP skills first 😉

Share this post with your friends!


  1. I didn’t even get a feeling that you track all click, your link seemed like a no counter one.

    Anyway, Thanks for that link 😉

  2. I track only the downloads on my site.

    I’ve modified the code in the counter to lock the file to prevent this happening. No crashes so far, but a regular backup is what I am doing.

    Lost of a lot of clicks in the downtime 🙁

    Ohh, and I’m using mod_rewrite for the downloads.

Comments are closed.

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.