I have updated the Better Search v1.3.2 into the WordPress.org repository and committed the latest version to GitHub.
The new version adds a much needed filter option. We’re using Banbuilder which is a cool PHP script that helps filter out a partial or full list of words even if they are spelt leetly. The whole list of changes is below.
Better Search is translation ready. If you’re interested in translating Better Search into your own language let me know. If you’re interested in contributing to Better Search and are using Github, then you can fork this plugin. If you’re using this plugin, do consider leaving a good review. If you’re looking for support, please don’t comment below but instead create a new ticket in the WordPress.org support forum.
Changes in Better Search v1.3.2
- New: Profanity filter
- New: Option to turn of the search results tracking. Ideal if you don’t care about the popular search terms on your blog
- New: Option to include the thumbnails in the search results
- Modified: Search results now have better pagination. This is especially good when you have lots of search results – Thanks to J Norton for this feature
- Modified: Plugin should now return results even if the search word is less than 4 characters
- Fixed: Bug fixes – Thanks to Rich for some of the fixes
Can you make a plugin that uses wordpress searchbox but the results are generated by google custom search engine? A plugin like that exist but doesn’t work at all. Maybe you can do better.
This is something I had in mind, but never got down to it because there are plugins available that do it. I will put this on my to do list
Hi, thank’s of all!
it’s possible integrate the description/caption of image on better search results.
Thanks in advance