Upgraded my pc through my dealer Ashish.
After a major thought process and after finally convincing my parents and with a lot of plus and minus, I finally arrived at the following configuration:
– 17″ Samsung SyncMaster 793DF
512 Mb 1Gb DDR RAM
– 160 Gb Serial ATA Hard Disk Drive
– APC Back-UPS Battery Backup 500VA/300W
My current system components that have remained:
Acer Logitech Keyboard (Had to give away my Acer one 🙁 )
– Logitech Optical Mouse (not letting go of this)
– HP 16x writer (slow I know, but its HP and gives amazing performance)
– innovate 16x DVD-ROM drive (new drive so it is going to stay for a while)
– Mercury speakers (sooo…ooon to be replaced with 7.1)
– Epson Stylus Color 460 printer (if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it)
– Genius Vivid Pro 2 scanner (if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it)
To be added soon:
– Atleast 512Mb DDR RAM (couldn’t buy that because I had to fit the UPS into my budget) done 🙂
– Atleast 160Gb Serial ATA HDD (want to buy this so that I can set the system up in RAID config and also because I have to give away both my current HDD as the board as only 1 IDE slot but 4 Serial ATA slots)
– 7.1 Speakers (currently the board supports it, but budget doesn’t)
Kishore had it delivered to my place on Friday night itself, but since I was out, he didn’t assemble it. Just installed the monitor, and I loved it as I worked on Saturday morning.
Kishore came home in the evening to fit my system. However, we ran into a bottle-neck as the monitor wasn’t receiving a signal from the card. He has taken the boardl, PSU and RAM to test it out at the service center. Should get them back by Monday or Tuesday and if things go well, should have my system up and running by Tuesday evening.
Until then, I await with glee the arrival of my upgraded PC 🙂