Just updated my not so famous plugin Top 10 to version 1.3.
- I’ve added a much requested option to turn off display of page views in the list of popular posts
- And, as the title of this post, you can now select how long you want the daily posts list to display. e.g. instead of daily posts, you want to display weekly posts, you can enter 7 and it will calculate the post count over the seven day period and make the list. Remember to change the title of the list.
- Check out the new Posts > Top 10 page for a detailed viewing of popular posts ordered by page views. You can select the number of posts you want to view per page. It will allow you to switch between Overall Popular posts and popular posts set by the daily limit specified in the Settings page.
I have already uploaded v1.3 to the WordPress Plugins repository. So existing users can upgrade from within WP-Admin itself. New users can download Top 10 from the plugin page.
Updating the plugin will initially clean up your existing daily table for the new database format. The plugin no longer uses any cron jobs so I suggest you deactivate the plugin before upgrading to clean up old scheduled cron jobs.
What’s coming in Top 10 v1.4:
- Improve the View Popular posts interface in WP-Admin. I plan on adding the option of viewing total page views over a range of dates
- I may also include the ability of viewing detailed statistics of the page views across several days.
- Use of WordPress time instead of server time for tracking hits
- Manually reset Daily and Overall posts counts
As usual, I’m open to feature requests. Do comment or email me with any suggestions you might have. If you got any support questions, kindly post them in the support forum.